It’s always a bummer to suddenly realize you forgot to pack something. Especially when its 3°C and the next thing you know you can’t feel your toes! The weather on the mountain can swiftly change from foggy to sunny to misty, so packing the essentials is important for your comfort and well-being.
As far as technical safety equipment go, we’ve got you covered. However, here’s a list of necessities to pack:
- Extra clothes
- Raincoat or Waterproof jacket
- Warm clothing : Long Johns, Fleece Jacket, Hiking pants
- Change of clothes for sleeping
- Protective Gear
- Cap, Beanie, Head scarf ( To keep warm during the night and early morning)
- Sunglasses, sunblock, SPF lip balm
- A rain cover for your backpack
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- A small, lightweight towel
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle
- Torchlight / headtorch
- Energy snacks : Nuts, chocolate bars, biscuits, sweets, energy bars.
- A small bagpack
Recommended Shoes to wear for Mount Kinabalu Via Ferrata Activity
Mountain Torq Management (Via Ferrata Activity Provider) has issued a new policy (as of 16 Mar 2017) on footwear for all climbers participating in Mount Kinabalu Via Ferrata Activity. Mountain Torq want all climbers to have the best experience without compromising on safety standards.
Kindly refer to the new guidelines on footwear safety issued by Mountain Torq.
Customers are recommended to wear shoes that are like or similar to the following shoes
- Hiking Boots
- Walking Shoes (good grip)
- Trekking Shoes
- Sneakers / Running shoes with laces
Customers are not allowed to participate in the via ferrata activity with the following shoes as indicated below